Thursday, February 22, 2007

Festival


In China, there are many different kinds of festival such as Spring Festival, Duan Wu Festival and National Festival. I had been almost 1 and half year that did not go back China so I miss these holidays also miss my family. The Spring Festival is similar to the Christmas in China and it is really important holiday in China because that is a Chinese happy new year. The government will hold stately social party to celebrate the spring Festival also every family will stay together to eat dumpling and give lucky money to each person. During that holiday, everyone will get a week holiday and people visit their friends and family. The spring festival of China is happened at Feb 19 but I have to go to school and midterm was coming as a result I did not celebrate. I only could see the social party on the Internet and I ate some dumpling with my friends. On the other hand, a lot of Chinese celebrate the holiday in downtown. It was different between China and Canada. It was kind of disappointed so I hope maybe next years I could celebrate the spring festival with my family in China and get some lucky money from my parents.

6 Comments:

Blogger Scott Douglas said...

The festivals in China sound really nice. I'm sure you'll have a great time when you go back and see your parents!

9:26 AM

 
Blogger Kenneth said...

yes, I miss my red pocket as well. (even though i have to output some)normally, input is much more largee than our put

1:59 AM

 
Blogger Kevin.L said...

man...since we are adult..there are no more lucky money..T.T../cry

5:21 PM

 
Blogger SabRina said...

i hope you have wonderful time in this festival

12:48 PM

 
Blogger anna said...

Hi Ted,
When I visited the Chinese restaurant in Russuia during your Spring Festival it was always brightly decorated and offered the special holiday menu which you couldn't order during the whole year. I realy enjoyed.
Yulia

12:24 PM

 
Blogger Sane said...

Seems like you have a very intimate festival back there in China. It's OK though. You'll get back someday just enjoy life for now ;)

Cheers. Hussain

12:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home